After seeing this survey on a couple sites, I decided to take part! If you're not interested, that's fine, but if you are, then tag! You're it! I'm inviting anyone who wants to take the survey to go ahead and post your link in the comments below. For me, 2011 was my first full year of dance ever! It was a year full of changes, in dance and my personal life. It will be a year I never forget!
By the way, this brilliant idea is from:
Dilara of Dilara's Diary and AJ of Confessions of a Dance Pants Addict
1. What did you do in 2011 that you had never done before?
Participated in dance class for a full year, danced in front of others, went to Mexico :)
2. Did you keep your belly dance new year resolution, and will you have one this year?
Last year my goal was just to progress into level two, which I did in the spring. This year I am resolving to smile more!
3. Did you introduce anyone to belly dance?
Yes, I got my sister involved!
4. What travels did you take, and did you involve belly dance with them?
In March I went to Spokane with my mom and sister for a Bellydance Superstar show. Then in May I went to Mexico with my boy!
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I'd like a bottomless bank account so I can purchase any skirt, necklace and bindi that catches my fancy. I'd also like endless energy! Haha - realistically, I'd like more confidence.
6. Which date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory and why?
July 25, because I found out that I would be bringing a new little dancer into the world!
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Progressing to level three in dance, starting this blog, buying a house and surviving the first 6 months of pregnancy!
8. What was your biggest failure?
Not practicing as much as I could have.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
10. What was the best thing you bought or made for dance?
I only bought a few hip scarves. I was given a beautiful jaipur skirt, and I made a coin bra and tassel belt!
11. What did you get really excited about?
So many things! Belly dance shows, Mexico, Haflas, starting new levels in dance, a new house, having a baby, Christmas holidays!
12. What did you wish you'd done more of?
13. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I'd say sleeping, but it was quite necessary for baby-building ;)
14. What seemed to get in the way of dance?
Lack of energy and motivation.
15. What was your favourite music from this year?
I really loved Bounce by Solace, To the Mother * East by Filastine, Marcha de la Vida by Balkan beat Box, and Aicha by Khaled. I need to expand my music repertoire this year so if you have any recommendations please let me know! My newest favourite is Sunrise Over Tribeca by Helm and Phil Thornton.
16. What did you do on your birthday?
I went out for dinner with friends, and also had a surprise luau party with family in my hometown!
17. What would have made your year immeasurable more satisfying?
I'm actually pretty happy with 2011 :)
18. How would you describe your belly dance style in 2011?
Well, I was a student of ATS. It was a year of intence growth and learning.
19. What were the major influences on your belly dance in 2011?
Mostly just my incredible dance teacher - trying to emulate her strength and grace.
20. Best thing about being a dancer in 2011?
Experiencing the benefits, sense of accomplishment, and joy from dancing and connecting more with dance friends. Also starting this blog and being introduced to the online belly dance world, and discovering they are a very supportive and fun bunch to twitter and blog with!
Okay your turn. Tag! You're it!