My favourite, refreshing, light summer snack (or lunch) is a delicious fruit smoothie. Healthy and filling, it's a perfect post-dance practice treat! Just thought I'd share how I make them! Enjoy :)
- Half a banana
- One cup frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 cups milk - (I use almond or coconut milk)
- 1-2 tblsp almond chunks/slices (You can find these in the bulk section of your grocery store)
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Any health powder you want to add - protein/greens etc.
Add all ingredients to your blender, mix and enjoy!
- This makes one smoothie - just double it if you're sharing with a friend!
- I use the magic bullet blending system, which is great because I can just make a quick smoothie for myself and there is very little clean-up. A normal blender works fine too.
- The icing sugar is not necessary, so just eliminate it if you are avoiding sugar.
- Use yogourt instead of milk if you want a thicker consistency.
- You might wonder about the almonds, but it adds a nice crunch and good protein to the smoothie.
- I usually add a tablespoon of my greens mix:
Hope you're all having a beautiful summer!
Please comment below with your favourite smoothie flavours and recipes :)